day 4: 31 Mar 2009

Day 4 started with some collation of information. Chanel in Paris or London? London is the new kid on the block for luxury goods due to the free fall of the pound. So I hooked up with the free hotel internet and did some research. To be sure, I skyped (never knew it was so easy) the London Chanel boutique and got the price. I was hoping that the price difference is not as so big. Then I won't mind buying it in Paris cause this is where it's at no?

btw, 31 rue Cambon Chanel is the only one with the special paper bag with the address and have the paper camillas attached. Not a big deal but still quite nice.

google comes with skype links. nifty

Conclusion: London wins big. Cheaper by SGD680. Big deal. Paris, no go. With that knowledge, we met up with shuyi's batchmate roselyn as she have some shopping that needed to be done.

Before that, we went to this place called Leon's for mussels. It is supposed to be quite good. Roselyn, like me, is not a fan of mussels. So she gaveup halfway. I have never had so much mussels in my life. Not in a single seating. I mean like cumulative, since day 1.


A slight nod in that direction...


At Burberry's we saw the ultimate umbrella.

burberrella, ella, ella, ella (ok this shit has got to stop)

I still prefer the katanabrella though.

Next, we went Longchamp.

shuyi's first branded (kinda) handbag!

We just got a cute little handbag just for the heck of it. First time buying anything branded. It was fun to watch them wrap up the handbag with paper, tape and ribbons. That is part of the fun of buying these stuff I suppose. You are paying for the excessive packaging. Might as well enjoy it.

And no we did not buy the usual le pliage tote bag. Rubbish!

Next up, LV.

My pal Ian warned me about resellers who were banned from the shops. They would hang around the shop asking people to help them buy the goods for them. So this chinese dude walked up to us, dressed like a tourist, LV paper bag in hand.

He said he just wanted to get a few more LV wallets but restricted becuase there is a limit to how many one can get. He offered to let us have the tax rebate. Fuck off lor. You need the actual goods with you when you claim the rebate. The dude's taking me for a fool. I shurgged him off saying we are going to get a lot also but he says that we have 3 person. He don't think we will be getting a dozen LVs. I was irritated and gestured to him to continue talking to the hand and walked away. Had to explain to the 2 ladies afterward though.

come! throw the hand signals!

And we headed back to the hotel. We're done for the day

get out of the frame fools!

look at the paper bags. triomphe!

always time for some posing

Back to the hotel, who else but the french have condoms in the minibar?

According to some durex survey, the french people have the longest stamina (read: longest time having sex) in bed. But the way I see it, they so lazy and laid back. Halfway through, they went on strike and have a smoke break. Thats why they won.

Back in Milan, we found a couple decked in sophisticated evening wear taking pictures of themselves in silly fashion pose. Kinda like Madonna in her vogue mtv. Shuyi really loved it but we were not dressed for the shot. So this time round, we remembered last minute and decided to do a series of impromtu shots in the hotel room.

vogue vogue vouge

Back to Singapore! I watched Transporter 3 and this strange movie called Absurdistan.


The load was light and I got 3 seats all by myself. argghhh kimochii

here is a summery of the trip in a pic

1 comment:

Passerby said...

Your account of these events is both insightful and hilarious! You should write often. I'm sure many would love to read too. =)

Post a Comment