day 1: 28 Mar 2009

Off I go! The plan is for me to go 2 day in advance to cover some grounds (might as well since going early don't cost extra) since shuyi already did Paris like 2-3 times already.

hmmm...

I put on my favorite polo tee for the occasion. And my cashmere Massimo Dutti sweater is suppose to be keep you warm (i hope).

arc de triomphe?
naw... fort canning

Due to the last minute nature of the trip, I did not plan for anything at all. All I did was grab the slimmest guide book from the library and here I am, Paris.

Sidenote: I watched Slumdog Millionaire, Suspect X (jap show which made me tear. fo real) and Modern Boys (korean show I watched due to their nice wardrobe).

On the train to the city, I saw this wedged between the seat and the wall in the train. How french. And on another train trip, I saw this chinese lady eating a prune and calmly stuffing the seed in the same location after consumption. walan oui!


Before shuyi comes and I get to stay in a proper hotel, I must spend a night alone. I foolishly declared that I shall just sleep off the streets for the first night. But after various accounts that confirms that I will get raped by hobos if I do so, I book a cheap hostel room (to share with 2 other strangers) to stay for the night.

wet, bright & goddamn cold

I met Jan, an Irish dude who came to Paris to learn the art of French pastry from a master chef who broke her wrist while skiing in the Alps. Not really in a position to pity her ay? So Jan's stay in Paris dragged longer than he intended. He have been living in the hostel for half a year now.

After paying for the hostel (and told that I can only check in after 3.30pm) I headed (blindly) for the Louvre.

Now after our trip to Italy, I am officially immune to churches, statues, and paintings. But it would appear that a visit to the Louvre is a must, according to everyone. I have 2 days and no planning. So I guess I can spare the time.

Now I have no idea how a chinese architect get to design one of the most iconic structure in paris but I. M. Pei did it.


Ok here we have the 'man sighing at penis' statue.

why have you forsaken me?

'mom, pull the string and watch me spin like a top! I am jesus!'

first ever UFO sighting

The museum was huge and the design allowed light to flood the halls. Very nice.

zipai

translation: don't waste time. you know you want me. yea baby!

the bootlegger was notorious

why would they wanna do that to me?

check out the amazing pommel of the sword

the famous 'cupping boobie' statue

Winged Victory
Greek Goddess Nike

Arms cut off to be more aerodynamic.

Around the corner, I saw it

hmmm? sale?

it's Lisa!

me & Lisa

Lisa is so enigmatic. They say she seems to stare at you no matter which angle you look at her. See for yourself.

imma keeping my eyes on you foo!

Venus de Milo
Aphrodite, Greek Goddess of Love & Beauty
spokesperson for Nestle

if i got my arms, i'll slap you fools!

the were hordes of chinese people there
china chinese people

Another of the usual bibical paintings. All the saints have different (but still funky) way to die. When they go to heaven they brag about how they died. This is Sebestian. He got capped by arrows.

hellooo, i'm in deep pain here. look here!

hydra anatomy: 1 spine, 4 blood vessels

How do you depict something as weightless as flight using bronze? Winged boots and a fat boy blowing air under you of course!

huff & puff

shawn michael choke hold
die goose!

the stag & diana the bitch (check the label)

This group of Japanese schoolgirls were dictated by their teacher to pose for a group photo. They were super reluctant but their teacher would have none of that.

oui! ang moh! shoo!

say what?!

the tourist
the Lourve's newest statue. surprisingly lifelike and modern


remember this? an inside joke between me and shuyi
kua simi yo?

one zipai for the road

i am glad i have a room for the night

My trip is on a shoestring budget and what I eat defianately reflects it. This is lunch I gathered in a open market. The goddamn hippies did not even give me utencils. I just walked around eating the meat and potatos using my fingers.

potatos drowned in olive oil and rosemary & roast meat

I was walking pass this beggar when he pointed at my food. I handed him a piece of meat I was about to eat. He grabbed it and popped it into his mouth with one hand and the other hand started grabbing the entire box. Goddamn hobo, know when to quit!

I was walking aimlessly and then I saw it. rue Cambon.
rue means road, path etc. Cambon means cambon.


The famous road leads to

the or-gigi-nal Chanel shop!

I did not enter the shop. Gonna wait for shuyi.

For the rest of the day, I simply took the map and wandered around. Due to the merit of my amazing directional sense and my map reading skills, I soon got lost and started wandering around. But one thing is for sure. I will aviod the Eiffel Tower and the Champs-Élysées. Those are left to be enjoyed with shuyi.

Like I said, art and historical stuff are of no interest to me after the Italy trip. For me the whole Paris experience is the whole walking-down-Champs-Élysées-holding-hands-with-shuyi and the staring-at-lit-Eiffel-tower-and-then-kiss part. The City of Lights was supposed to be all about romantik.

cute no? saw it at a shop called lilith
lilith is actually a demon who seduces man... aw nevermind

Hello Kitty in Paris somehow feels strange

I seeked out this shop called Kiliwatch. It is quite famous for their vintage and 2nd hand stuff. I saw the quartz Casio watch we still get at Mustafa for $20 selling at $100. whoa.


This lady was harassed by a bunch of american kids. All she can do is to wave sheepishly. What can i do in situations like this other than join in the fun and take pictures?

does she remind you of Frau Farbissina
"bring out the lasaaaaar!"

le baret

da Z man

bata. très chic

another zipai
hey i was alone and bored ok?!

I wandered around and got to the Notre Dame. You know, hunchback of Notre Dame? Yes? Neither do i. Seriously after Rome, churches must be able to shoot laser or transform into a robot to impress me.

wadeva

i have no idea what this is. but interesting it is

Whats more French than the Eiffel, vespa, french loaf & other sterotypes normally associated with the French?

A good 'ol strike of course!

we want something! give us something!

This is the museum of modern art. They call it the Pompidou Centre. Quite an interesting contrast with the old buildings around huh.

There was this busker/artist who drew an Obarma portrait upside down using his hands dipped in paint. um... ok...

There was a crowd that gathered to watch. He receieved lots of cheers when he finally finished. But the moment he pulled open his case and ask for donations, the crowd evacuated like the tokyo sarin attack. I was out of there so fast, i should be given a prize.

superman dropped by

so did Neo

These trees a spotted around town. Nice no?


the dustbin help me take a photo

asshole

the sun began to set and i slowly worked my way to the hostel on foot

My foot was killing me. Boat shoes are not good for long distance walking. I found out the hard way. Tomorrow night, I meet shuyi!

No comments:

Post a Comment